Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Maybe something really is happening?

Our Lady of Candelaria by Cristóbal Hernández de Quintana. 
The shrine of the Virgin of Candelaria can be found on the island Tenerife. 
She is the patroness of the Canary Islands.


Jonah began to go into the city, going a day's journey. And he called out, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!” And the people of Nineveh believed God. They called for a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them to the least of them.
(Today's First Reading, Jon 3:4-5)

"I felt my spirit flooded by a light-filled mystery which is God and in Him I saw and heard: the point of the flame-like lance which detaches, touches the axis of the earth and it [the earth] shakes: mountains, cities, towns and villages with their inhabitants are buried. The sea, rivers and clouds leave their bounds, they overflow, flood and drag with them into a whirlpool, houses and people in a number unable to be counted; it is the purification of the world from the sin it is immersed in." - Sr. Lucia, 1944, Tuy

I think a closer read of the blog Unveiling the Apocalypse might help explain things.  Just a thought.

The author, Emmett O'Reagan connects the above quote from Sr. Lucia to a possible eruption in the Canary islands which has the potential to devastate the entire Eastern Seaboard with a killer tsunami.  It isn't far fetched, since it is also predicted by science.  Skeptic that I am, I came across this bit of news today - which segues with the Fatima centenary fears making the news this week, in anticipation of October 13th.

FEARS of a volcano erupting on the Canary Islands has sparked panic as the Spanish archipelago was hit by more than 40 earthquake tremors in just 48 hours. - Story here.
I don't know how reliable a source Express UK is, I haven't checked other sources, but the story did impress me that I might be wrong in my skepticism and that the rest of the world may be right... you know, 'is it just me'?


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Terry:

    You can pretty much forget about the Express, according to geologist Erik Klemetti

    https://twitter.com/eruptionsblog/status/917870758537330689

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! Can I remain the skeptic now?

      Delete
  2. In unsettled times everything is a precursor of doom. Natural disaster, nuclear war, social unrest, heresy take your pick. It will fit your scenario. I suspect Friday will come and go with a lot of hype but little substance. Still, I will be watching. My rational mind tells me God does not play these games. Man does.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.