Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The fires in California



All I can do is pray.

It is a terrible sight, an awful reality.  People losing absolutely everything - getting out with the clothes on their back in some cases. 

I'm not linking to any news stories just because it is already the top story everywhere else.  I wouldn't dare connect this to any type of prophecy - none of that makes any difference when one is in the midst of such devastation.  No soothsayers necessary.

Pray and get aid to those suffering - that is what is needed.

Our Lady of the Fire
Beata Vergine del Fuoco

O Lord, You miraculously protected and preserved the image of the Mother of Your beloved Son from the destruction of fire. Grant that through her merits and intercession, we may escape the fire of hell thanks to the fire of Your love. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

7 comments:

  1. “What countries shall be preserved from such calamities? Where shall we go for refuge? I, in my turn, shall ask, What is the country that observes the commandments of God? What country is not influenced by human fear where the interest of the Church and the glory of God are at stake? (Ah, indeed! What country, what nation upon earth?) In behalf of my Superior and myself, I have often asked myself where we could go for refuge, had we the means for the journey and for our subsistence, on condition that no person were to know it? But I renounce these useless thoughts. We are very guilty! In consequence of this, it is necessary that a very great and terrible scourge should come to revive our faith, and to restore to us our very reason, which we have almost entirely lost. Mélanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fr. Z was in Santa Rosa Saturday...at The 12th Annual Napa Valley Catholic Men’s Conference. topic: 100th Anniversary of the Final Fatima Apparition....
    Just saying..


    Saturday, October 7th, 2017 || 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - he left just before they started.

      Delete
  3. My beautiful home state of California suffers from these fires every year. I am in the middle of these fires being closer to Orange County by about 45 mins. on the freeway. Ash, cloudy skies ... so much lost.

    Prayers for everyone affected by these deadly fires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This piece made me very sad ...

      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/11/boiling-river-wine-flows-through-burned-down-california-winery.html

      Bishop Vasa's piece gives me hope.

      http://www.ncregister.com/blog/guest-blogger/santa-rosa-bishop-our-diocese-has-been-hit-hard

      I remember last year when beautiful Santa Barbara suffered devastating fires and Bishop Barron wrote about it. He said is was his first time to experience the fires of California.

      Delete
    2. It seems worse this year - the sight of entire neighborhoods burned - it looks like nuclear war. I hope nothing harms you or your family Yaya! Prayers.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Terry. We are a safe distance from the Orange County fires but live close to other fire hazard areas that have seen their fair share over the years.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.