Monday, November 13, 2017

Paul McCartney - Abbey Road Medley (Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/Th...



I wish there was a way to get back homeward. That was my prayer after communion yesterday.

It's the opening lyric for Golden Slumbers in the Abbey Road Medley.  It's my personal soundtrack and accompanies every personal narrative painting I ever made, especially The Descent.

Anyway.  

“It would be nice to think a little bit: one day will be the last. If it was today, am I prepared? Here, therefore, is the meaning of being wise and prudent: it is not to wait for the last moment of our life to cooperate with the grace of God, but to do it already, from now.” - Pope Francis

2 comments:

  1. I just don't get it, Terry, how can the "devout" Catholic allege that Papa Francis is the anti-pope or that he is a liberal, a marxist, a sower of confusion when he is always reminding us to be ready, to go to confession, to pray with the intention of drawing closer to Jesus, to love our neighbor, to say sorry, to forgive and to ask for forgiveness, to read holy scripture daily, to pray the rosary ... etc?

    I am looking forward to his Wednesday catechesis on the Holy Eucharist. A liberal priest would poo-hoo such teachings claiming it is only a symbol and not the body, blood, soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ. I knew a priest who many years ago claimed the holy Eucharist "was only a symbol."

    Anyway, I look forward to learning from Papa and growing in faith and love for our Lord Jesus in the holy Eucharist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you labeled this post under art I have to share the following. Where have all the statues gone? Well right to this warehouse. I want so bad to go here. It must be what heaven will be like.
    http://www.usedchurchitems.com/

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.