Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Fr. Z's Impending Death

This shot, with the juxtaposition of birettas, 
touched me and makes me consider my own impending death.
- Fr. Z




Remembrance of death.

Fr. Z was posting on the untimely death and unsolved murder of a wonderful priest, Fr. Alfred Kunz.  Fr. Z writes about it here.  It maybe explains why Fr. Z has a Conceal and Carry permit.  What Fr. said about 'impending death' seems to allude to the fact that none of us know the day or the hour, so go to confession, and always be ready, and so on.  I pray daily for a happy death, to be preserved from an unprovided death, and I examine my conscience midday and at bed time - I also need to get to confession.  I don't carry any more protection than the scapular, Miraculous Medal, the rosary and Holy Water.  No guns, no knives.

Death is easy to think about at my age.  Likewise, I have several friends and acquaintances who have been diagnosed with cancer.  A few are terminal.  It's so important to be respectful of others who are suffering.  To be kind to one another, since life is so short and so uncertain.

Just a thought.

Badger Catholic has another story on the murder of Fr. Kunz here.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.