Saturday, May 19, 2018

What the Pope says privately...

Juan Carlos Cruz


It is reported ...

In an interview with Juan Carlos Cruz, the spokesman for the victims of sex abuse in Chile, said the Pope told him that God made him gay.  I'm using Google translate for that portion of the interview:

Q. Did you talk about your homosexuality and how did you suffer more for that?
R. Yes, we speak. He had been told practically that I was a wicked person. There I explained that I am not the reincarnation of San Luis Gonzaga but I am not a bad person, I try not to hurt anyone. He told me "Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter. God made you like that and he loves you like that and I do not care. The Pope wants you like that, you have to be happy with who you are " - InfoVaticana
If the translation is accurate, and Juan Carlos heard the Holy Father correctly, many people will be upset by that.

Today's Gospel response of Jesus to Peter works very well for me in this case:
"What concern is it of yours? You follow me." - John 21:20-25

This is enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. It suddenly struck me: joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, not happiness. I've nothing against happiness but if we're come down to a match between happiness and joy, I'd always go with the joy. Happy Pentecost, dear TJ. Remembering you at Mass tomorrow at the Carmel in Carmel, California of course. Hugs, Fr P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Fr. - I need the prayers. I can't thank you enough.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.